Afilias will be the new technical back-end provider for the Internet Computer Bureau (ICB Registry). The transition of the registry system for the ccTLDs .io, .sh and .ac to the Afilias registry system will be processed from June 10 (15:00 UTC) until June 11, 2017 (06:00 UTC).
As a consequence, the domain life cycle of .io, .sh and .ac will be adjusted to the standard gTLD life cycle.
The main changes in an overview, effective as of June 11:
- Domain name operations for .io, .sh and .ac domains will be processed identically to .info domain operations.
- Domain names may be registered and renewed for a period of 1 to 10 years.
- There will be the normal 60-day transfer prohibited status on all new creates.
- After migration to the Afilias registry system, domains upon expiry will be auto-renewed and the relevant grace period (45 days) will apply. Names that may have expired but not been deleted from the registry system (prior to the migration) will be automatically renewed and will remain in Autorenew Grace Period for 45 days.
- Support of all IDNs that are available at the Afilias registry system.
We will update the respective wiki articles for .io (British Indian Ocean Territory), .sh (Saint Helena) and .ac (Ascension Island) soon. You will find all relevant details there.
Friday, May 19, 2017
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution